The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is honored to offer 119 lottery funded Georgia Pre-Kindergarten Program classes in 76 sites throughout the district. The Pre-Kindergarten program is funded by the Georgia State Lottery, governed by Bright from the Start. The DCSD Pre-K program is an age appropriate instructional program that prepares students for a successful transition to kindergarten and beyond. In order for a child to be school ready, it means they are socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively prepared for success in kindergarten.
The DeKalb County School District’s Pre-Kindergarten Program helps children become independent, self-confident, enthusiastic learners. Participation in the program encourages children to develop good habits and daily routines. It encourages teachers to adopt child centered instructional practices based on the interests and the skill levels of each child.
Find Your School
Items from Home to Enrich the Pre-K Classroom
2022-23 Waiting Pool Application
- Proof of birth (Your child must be four years old on or between September 2, 2022 through September 1, 2023)
- Original certified birth certificate, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted)
- Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
- Only required if your name is not on the child’s birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian proof of identification
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency
- Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name; (Cable and phone bills are not acceptable)
**If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND a form of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit. See below for a copy of the affidavit of residency form.
- Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session
- Category I proof, if applicable (Copy of only 1: CAPS, Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI or TANIF)
- Immunization Certificate (3231) or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Objections to Immunization (DPH Form 2208) is presented
- Vision, Hearing, Nutrition, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
**Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
2022-2023 Pre-K Online Post Lottery Participants
This section provides information to parents/guardians who participated in the 2022-2023 online lottery process and were notified of receiving a seat or placed on the waitlist. Be sure to read the last section titled, Important Information for All.
New Applicants Who Did Not Participate in the 2022-2023 Pre-K Online Lottery
This section provides information to parents/guardians who were not able to participate in the 2022-2023 online lottery process and /or sent a wait list application to the local school. Be sure to read the last section titled, Important Information for All.
Important Information for All